For the summer of 2017, NTIS is accepting internship applications from college and graduate students who are looking to serve at NTIS headquarters, which is located in Alexandria, Virginia.
NTIS is offering an opportunity for an enthusiastic communications major who would assist with external and internal communications. The intern will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on behalf of NTIS.
Strong communication and copywriting skills are required. Experience in corporate communications and project management are a plus but not required.
Summer internships typically begin in June and continue through the first week of September; however, there is limited flexibility on specific dates. NTIS staff will assist students who wish to receive college credit for this unpaid internship.
- Develop effective corporate communications strategies
- Assist in internal communications (memos, newsletters, web content, etc.)
- Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or company website
- Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences
- Assist with media requests for interviews, statements etc.
- Foster relationships with advocates and key persons
- Collaborate with marketing professionals to produce copy for advertisements or articles
- Assist in developing communication strategies or messages from senior leadership
- Proven education or experience in corporate communications
- Education or experience in web design and content production
- Education or experience in copywriting and editing
- Understanding of project management principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software preferred
- Excellent communications (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient command of English
- Participation in a program working toward BSc/BA in public relations, communications or relevant field
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts to: email@example.com